Econometric Analysis of the Market for California Early Potatoes, University of
California, Berkeley, 1960,.
Zusman, P., Amiad, A. and Goldman, A., Control Problems in the Poultry Meat
Industry, The Center for Agricultural Economic Research. Rehovot.
The Y.L. Magness Publishing Co., The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. (Feb. 1978),
226 p. (Hebrew).
Zusman, P., Individual Behavior and Social Choice in a Cooperative
Settlement--The Theory and Practice of the Israeli Moshav. The
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel: The Y.L. Magness Press, 1988.
Papers in English
1. Zusman, P. "Toxic Effects of Sodium and Sulphate Ions on Citrus Seedlings",
Bulletin of Research Council of Israel, Vol. 5D, 1956, No. 1, pp. 210-218.
2. Reppert, J.N., Read, M.J. and Zusman, P. "An Allocation Plan for Range
Unit Sampling," Journal of Range Management, Vol. 15, 1962, No. 4,
3. Zusman, P. "An Investigation of the Dynamic Stability and Stationary
States of the United States Potato Market, 1930-1958", Econometrica,
Vol. 30, 1962, No. 3, pp. 522-547.
4. Zusman, P., "Dynamic Discrepancies in Agricultural Economic Systems",
Journal of Farm Economics, Vol. XLIV, 1962, No. 3, pp. 744-753.
5. Zusman, P. "Econometric Analysis of the Market for California Early
Potatoes", Hilgardia, Vol. 33, 1962, No. 11.
6. Zusman, P. and Hoch, I. Resource and Capital Requirement Matrices for
the California Economy. University of California, Giannini Foundation of
Agricultural Economics, Research Report No. 284, August, 1965.
7. Zusman, P., and Amiad, A., "Simulation - A Tool for Farm Planning under
Conditions of Weather Uncertainty", Journal of Farm Economics, Vol. 43,
1965, No. 3, pp. 574-594.
8. Zusman, P. "The Role of the Retail Trade in the Competitive System", in
D.C. Hague, (ed.) Price Formation in Various Economies. Proceedings of
a conference held by the International Economic Association, St. Martin's
Press, New York, 1967, pp. 50-67.
9. Zusman, P. "A Theoretical Basis for Determination of Grading and Sorting
Schemes," Journal of Farm Economics, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 89-106, 1967.
10. Zusman, P., and Hoch, I. "An Efficient Program of Water Resource
Development in a Framework of Growth and Trade", American Journal
of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 1635-1946, Dec. 1968.
11. Zusman, P. "The Stability of Interregional Competition and the Programming
Approach to the Analysis of Spatial Trade Equilibria," Metroeconomica,
Vol. 21, pp. 46-57, April, 1969.
12. Zusman, P. "Welfare Implication and Evaluation of Buyers' Travel Inputs
and Non-Price Offer Variations in Networks of Retail Food Stores,"
Econometrica, Vol. 37, pp. 439-455, July, 1969.
13. Zusman, P., Melamed, A. and Katzir, I. Possible Trade and Welfare Effects
on EEC Tariff and "Reference Price" Policy on the European- Mediterranean Market
for Winter Oranges, Giannini Foundation Monograph No. 24, Sept. 1969.
14. Zusman, P., California Growth and Trade 1954-1963. An Inter-Industry
Analysis Emphasizing Agriculture and Water Resource Development,
Giannini Foundation Monograph No. 27, Sept. 1971.
15. Zusman, P. and W.G. O'Regan "Optimal Sorting in Industrial Operations,"
Management Science, Vol. 18(B), pp. 145-154, December, 1971.
16. Zusman, P., Melamed, A., and Katzir, I. "A Spatial Analysis of the EEC
Trade Policies in the Market for Winter Oranges," in Judge, G.G., and
Takayama, T. (ed.) Studies in Economic Planning Over Space and Time.
North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam, 1973, pp. 464-487.
17. Zusman, P., "The Incorporation and Measurement of Social Power in
Economic Models," International Economic Review, 17 (June, 1976),
18. Bell, C. and Zusman, P. "A Bargaining Theoretic Approach to Cropsharing
Contracts," The American Economic Review, 66, (Sept. 1976), pp. 578-588.
19. Bell, C. and Zusman, P. "Sharecropping Equilibria with Diverse Tenants,"
Economic Applicque'e XXX, 3, (1977), pp. 391-411.
20. Zusman, P. and Amiad, A. "A Quantitative Investigation of a Political
Economy - The Israeli Dairy Program," American Journal of Agricultural
Economics (Feb. 1977), pp. 88-98.
21. Zusman, P., Hochman, E., Luski, I. And Bezalel, E. The Structure of
Regional Demand for Energy, A Report submitted to the World Bank
(1978), 126 p.
22. Zusman, P. and Etgar, M. "The Marketing Channel as an Equilibrium Set
of Contracts," Management Science, 27, (March, 1981), pp. 284-302.
23. Zusman, P. "Group Choice in an Agricultural Marketing Cooperative,"
The Canadian Journal of Economics, 15 (May, 1982), pp. 220-234.
24. Zusman, P. "The Cost of Defence," Reveue Internationale d'Histoire
Militaire, 42, (1979), 213-320.
25. Zusman, P. and Bell, C. The Equilibrium Set of Dyadic Contracts, Working
Paper, The Center for Agricultural Economic Research, No, 8201
(January, 1982), 45 p.
26. Etgar, M. and Zusman, P. "The Marketing Intermediary as an Information
Seller: A New Approach," Journal of Business, 55, (October, 1982), pp.
27. Zusman, P., "The Equilibrium Configuration of Pure Risk Sharing contracts
in Markets with Diverse Transactors," European Economic Review, 19,
(1981), pp. 329-342.
28. Zusman, P. "Collective Choice, Pareto Optimality and the Organization of
Cooperatives - The Case of Agricultural Credit Associations," Journal of
Economic Behavior and Organization, 4, (1983), pp. 185-204.
29. Zusman, P. "The Dynamics of Economic Growth, Technological Progress
and Force Build-Up-Some Strategic Trade-Offs," in Z. Lanir, (ed),
Israeli Security Planning in the 1980's. Praeger Publishers, New York,
1984, pp. 239-260.
30. Rausser, G.C., Perloff, G.M. and Zusman, P., "The Food Marketing System:
Relevance of Economic Efficiency Measures," in Kilmer and Armbruster
(eds.) Economic Efficiency in Agriculture and Food Marketing, Ames,
Iowa State University Press, 1987, Chapter 1.
31. Zusman, P. and Bell, C., "The Equilibrium Vector of Pairwise Bargained
Agency Contracts with Diverse Actors and Principals Owning a Fixed
Resource," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 11
(1989), pp. 91-114.
32. Zusman, P. "Peasant's Risk Aversion and the Choice of Marketing
Intermediaries and Contracts-A Bargaining Theory of Equilibrium
Marketing Contracts," in P. Bardhan (ed.), The Economic Theory of
Agrarian Institutions. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1989.
33. Kislev, Y., Lerman, Z., and Zusman, P. "Cooperative Credit in
Agriculture-The Israeli Ecxperience," in Hoff, K., Braverman, A. and
Stiglitz, J.E. (eds), The Economics of Rural Organization, Published for
the World Bank by Oxford University Press, 1993, pp. 210-227.
34. Zusman, P., "Constitutional Selection of Collective-Choice Rules in a
Cooperative Enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization,
17 (1992), pp. 353-362.
35. Kislev, Y., Lerman, Z., and Zusman, P. "Recent Experience with
Cooperative Farm Credit in Israel," Economic Development and Cultural
Change, Vol. 39, (1991), pp. 773-789.
36. Rausser, Gordon, C. and Zusman, P. "Organizational Failure and the Political
Ecoomy of Water Resource Management," in Zilberman, D. and Dinar,
A., (eds.), The Economics and Management of Water and Drainage in
Agriculture. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1991), pp. 735-758.
37. Zusman, P., "The Israeli Smallholder Cooperative Sector and its Lessons
for Rural Cooperatives," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Vol. 18, (1990),
38. Zusman, P., "Participants' Ethical Attitudes and Organizational Structure
and Performance," in Csaki, C. and Kislev, Y. (eds.) Agricultural
Cooperatives in Transition, Westview Press, 1993, pp. 23-54.
39. Rausser, Gordon, C. and Zusman, Pinhas "Public Policy: Explanation and
Constitutional Prescription," American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
74, (1992), pp. 247-257.
40. Zusman, P. and Rausser, Gordon, C. "Intra-organizational Influence Relations
and the Optimality of Collective Action," Journal of Economic Behaviour
and Organization, 24, (1994), pp. 1-17.
41. Zusman, P., "Informational Imperfections in Water Resource
Systems and the Political Economy of Water Supply and Pricing in
Israel," In Parker, D.D. and Tsur, Y. (eds.) Decentralization and
Coordination of Water Resource Management. Boston: Kluwer
Academic Press. 1997. pp. 133-154.
Papers in Hebrew
1. Zusman, P. "A Development Program for Agriculture," The Economic
Quarterly, Vol. 11, No. 43, pp. 259-276, 1962.
2. Kastner, I. and Zusman, P. The Demand and Supply of Fresh Tomatoes
in the United Kingdom and the Profitability of their Exportation from
Israel, The National and University Institute of Agriculture, Special
Bulletin, No. 78, October, 1964.
3. Pasternak, H. and Zusman, P. "The Shipment Program for Milk and Dairy
Products in Israel," The National and University Institute of Agriculture,
Special Bulletin No. 94, 1965.
4. Melamed, A. and Zusman, P. "The Influence of Capacity, Number of
Shifts and Duration of Operation on the Cost Structure of Citrus Packing
in Israel", The National and University Institute of Agriculture, Special
Bulletin No. 98, 1965.
5. Zusman, P. and Amiad, A. Simulation - A Tool in Farm Planning and
Management under Conditions of Low and Unstable Rainfall. The
National and University Institute of Agriculture, Bulletin No. 102, 1966.
6. Makov, Y. and Zusman, P. "A Statistical Analysis of Consumers'
Preferences for Systems of Grading and Sorting Tomatoes in Accordance
with Quality Factors." The National and University Institute of Agriculture
Pamphlet No. 121, 1967.
7. Zusman, P., Melamed, A. and Katzir, J. "The European Economic Community
and the Market for Mediterranean Oranges," The Economic Quarterly, Vol.
14, No. 56' pp. 333-343. 1968.
8. Drori, S. and Zusman, P. The Effects of Farm Size on the Economic
Efficiency of Existing Family Farms, Ministry of Agriculture, Center
for Agricultural Development Planning, and the Department of Agricultural
Economics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1969.
9. Zusman, P. and A. Amiad, "The Control of Production and Marketing of
Poultry Meat" in Y. Mundlak (ed.) Selected Papers in Memory of
Professor Haim Halperin, The Center for Research in Agricultural
Economics, Rehovot (Dec. 1975), pp. 139-168.
10. Zusman, P. "The Defence Burden" Safra ve Saifa. The Journal of the
Israeli Society of Military History, Tel-Aviv University, No. 2 (June
1978), pp. 65-70.
11. Zusman, P., Hochman, E. and Luski, I. "The Structure of Demand for
Energy," in Halevi, N. and J. Kopp (ed.) Studies in the Economy of
Israel, 1977. The Israeli Economic Society. Jerusalem (August 1978),
12. Zusman, P. "Why is the burden of Defence in Israel High?" in Hareven,
A. (ed.), Is It Difficult To Be an Israeli? Van Leer Jerusalem Foundation,
1983, pp. 145-159.
13. Gal, Y. and P. Zusman, "An Economic Analysis of a Moshav Employing a
"Village Accounts" Approach," Ha'Sadeh', 64, (June 1984), pp.
14. Zusman, P. A Conceptual Framework for the Ecoomics of the Moshav and
Its Organizaitonal Structure. In Kislev, Y. (ed.) Technology, Cooperation,
Growth and Policy: Studies in Agricultural Economics. Jerusalem: The
Magnes Press, The Hebrew University, 1990, pp. 97-138.
15. Zusman, P., Kislev, Y., and Lerman, Z. "Moshav Credit-Experience and
Lessons," The Economic Quarterly, Vol. 40, (July 1989), pp. 114-131.
16. Zusman, P., "A Conceptual Framework for a Water Resource Regulatory
Policy in Israel," The Economic Quarterly, Vol. 42, (December 1991),